DIY: Make a pallet bench – LOVING MINE

DIY: Make a pallet bench

Make a Pallet Bench

Get ahold of some FREE pallets and make some awesome outdoor furniture for cheee-eeep!

After at least a year of waiting, I finally got my oh-so-wanted pallet benches.  Thanks to my hubs, my son (for supplying me with tons of pallets) and my son in law for putting them together, oh and my daughter, Sarah, for helping me decorate them. Whoop. I love them!!

Here’s how to make them!!

SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR ONE BENCH (double up if you make two, like me):

3 pallets (make sure they’re the same size)

Nails (preferably a nail gun)

1 Hubs (or any other big strapping man)

Circular Saw

That’s it!

I was so excited that hubs was finally ready to saw these for me, and I had to help hold them, that I didn’t get pics of that ;( wah wah

INSTRUCTIONS:

1 – Get your hubs (or big strapping man) to saw 2 of the pallets in half (kinda) , you want to saw it where there is a crossboard on both sides.

Pallet crossboard

2 – Set 3 halves on top of each other (for seat)

3 stacked pallets

3 – Stand up a full pallet behind the 3 halves (for back)

Attach back to seat - pallet bench

4 – Using a nail gun (preferred), nail the 3 halves together and then the back onto the now together seat.

NOTE: Using screws or just hammering in nails may prove to split your wood. If you choose to do it this way, use caution.

5 -Sand down rough edges so you don’t get a splinter in your booty!

6 – Stain, paint, or leave natural like I did.

WAH LAH!

Now just set it where you want it and add some cushions of your choice, maybe some pillows.  Sky’s the limit.

Pointing out fire pit planter

See the fire pit planter I made to go with this little get up?  Check out how to make one here.

Finished pallet bench view

Pallet Bench Table

See the table?  Well a young man (a family friend), saw the benches and said I needed a table to go with them. So, he gathered up some wood from pallets I have laying around and made me this cute table to go with my benches.  Cool right? Thanks Bry!

If I haven’t said it before, I love these!!

How would you do yours? Would you stain or paint them?  Would you add a cushion?  What kind?

Rock on!

~Bobbi

Linking to: See my Linky Party Peeps Page for the full list. While you’re there, go visit some and link up too 🙂

76 Comments

1. I appreciate that very much!! And thanks for stopping by and letting me know!!!

Have a great day!!

1. Thanks so much Andrea!! And thanks for stopping by and checkin it out!

Have a great week!

1. Hi Michelle!! Love partying at the Ultimate Linky Party!!

Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!

1. Thanks for pinning Kimberly!! And thanks for stopping by and checkin it out!

1. Thanks so much Danielle! I will!

Appreciate you stopping by and checking it out!!

Have a great weekend!

1. Hi Bobbi! These look just fantastic! I would so totally love to do this if I can find time. 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing at Best of the Weekend and pinned! Hope you’re having a fabulous week!
    Cindy Eikenberg recently posted…Green Bean & Tomato SaladMy Profile

1. Thanks Cindy…appreciate it! And thanks for stopping by and checkin it out!

Have a great day!

1. I’m kinda into the Rustic look…so it works great for me. I’m glad you found us too and stopped by! Thanks.

Have a great day!

1. Hi Theresa…thanks..and thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

Have a great day!

2. Whoa! Loving the idea to build your own benches! And the old fire pit filled with flowers… FABulous!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at our Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Join us again on Saturday to show off your latest projects!

~ Ashley
    Ashley @ 3 Little Greenwoods recently posted…$15 Framed Poster PrintMy Profile

1. Thanks Ashley!! Appreciate you stopping by and checking it out!!!

Have a great one!

1. Thanks Christine!! I’m getting some great use from them too 🙂

Appreciate you stopping by and checking it out!!

Have a great day!

1. Thanks Cris!! Appreciate you stopping by and checkin it out!!

Have a great day!

3. Fabulous, I’m jealous! Every time I try to get my husband to bring a palette home for me he just shakes his head…..oh well, maybe when my boys are big enough to carry some home for me I can make something too! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

1. Hope you don’t have long to wait..LOL. Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by and checkin it out!!

Have a great day!

1. Thanks Lisa!! And thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

Have a great day!

4. I have one pallet that I need to get started on. I’m thinking of making a table, but I really love your project! Thanks for linking up and inspiring us at Snickerdoodle Sunday! 🙂
    Dee recently posted…Hand Painted Nautical SignMy Profile

1. Everyone keeps telling me that I need to make a coffee table and put it where the fire pit planter is. I think either one is a win win for you 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and checkin it out!

Have a great day!

5. LOVE this! We don’t have any backyard furniture and haven’t bought any because we’re afraid the dog will chew it up. This might work for us!

Thanks for linking up at Wordy Wednesday! Pinning this.
    Carrie recently posted…10 Board Books Your Baby Will LoveMy Profile

1. Great idea! I wouldn’t want my dog eating something that I put too much money into. Thanks for stopping by and checking us out!

Have a great day!

6. This is an amazing idea! We always have so many pallets from work deliveries – and I wouldn’t worry about the teens and their friends wrecking them. Thanks for sharing!
    Lana recently posted…To Zumba or Not to ZumbaMy Profile

1. Exactly Luna!! Everyone that comes over just falls in love with these pallets. Gives extra seating for those “friends” too. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and checkin it out!

7. Thank you! I love pallets and have a few sitting out in my backyard. This is a great post for another way I could use them up. Smiles!!
    Elizabeth recently posted…Homemade Alfredo SauceMy Profile

1. Ah…a woman after my own heart. Maybe our backyards look the same 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

Have a great day!

1. Hi Colletta!! They were easy to make and yet look soo cool 😉 Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!!

Have a great week!!

1. Thanks Nicole!! Appreciate you stopping by and checkin it out!

Have a great week!

8. I love the natural weathered look of the pallets, Bobbi. I’d leave them just like they are (maybe seal them). Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

1. Hi Susan! Thanks! I am considering sealing them in some way, mainly cuz I want them to last longer. 😉 Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

Have a great day!

1. Thanks Cynthia…thanks for stopping by and checkin it out!!

1. Morning Antionette!! I wish there was a place like that so as soon as I run out, I could buy more. I haven’t found anyplace close to me that sells them.

Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

1. Thanks Mindie!! Been there, done that…LOL. Appreciate you thinking of me!!

Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

1. Thanks Michelle!! Thanks so much and thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

Have a great day!!

9. Hi Bobbi, just stopping by from Krafty Cards etc. Inspiration party. I love using pallets for building; they’re so solid! Your new seating looks really inviting and cozy; makes me think of early morning coffee on the patio! Have a great day,
    Val
    Val recently posted…Shoulder Adjustment On A PatternMy Profile

1. Hi Val!! And I have had said coffee on said pallets. I love drinking my coffee outside in the morning and listening to the birds. So relaxing!

Thanks for stopping by and checkin it out!!
      Have a great weekend!

1. Hi Todd!! Hope yours turn out great!! Thanks for stopping by and checkin it out!!!

Have a great weekend!!

1. Hi Becky!! Even if you don’t use your pallets for a bench…there are so many other cool things to use them for…so it’s a win win!! Thanks for the invite back and for stopping by and checking it out!!!

Have a great weekend.

1. Hi Glenna!! Cheap is the best way to go! Thanks for the compliment and thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!!

Have a great weekend!

1. Hi Mandy…that’s one of the many things hubs are good for 🙂 Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

Have a great weekend!

10. So cute! You’ll have some perfect summer gatherings out there : )

One thing I always wondered in pallet projects is where do people get free pallets???

Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings!
    Megan Walker recently posted…Hump Day Happenings #9: SummerMy Profile

1. Hi Megan!! I got lucky with the pallets and a friend down the road AND my son supplied them to me. But I hear that if you check with certain stores (grocery, home improvement), that they may have some that they will allow you to take.

Thanks for stopping by and checkin us out!!

Have a great day!

1. Morning Cindy!! I’m sure you can have some leftover pallets. How cool!

Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

Have a great day!

11. Oh my goodness, this is AWESOME! I love how it kind of blends in with the natural scenery. My kids would love this- and I would also not be a total freak about them manhandling them since it’s virtually FREE! Thanks for sharing; found you on Wordy Wednesday!
    Alicia recently posted…Geometric + Floral Master Bedroom RevampMy Profile

1. Thanks Alicia!! I love it…and yes, I don’t have to worry about any “kidhandling” going on. LOL

Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!!

1. I keep looking at mine and thinking I just may stain them. And, I think you could white wash them.

Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!